Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Hold on God (John 20: 1-2, 11-18)


“They have taken my Lord away, and I do not know where they have put him!”John 20: 13b


I am an epileptic. The onset of my disorder came late into my adulthood, about two years after I had joined CFC Singles for Christ. The first time I had a seizure, after I had been diagnosed as an epileptic, was truly a life-changing one for me.

I had been told that I would have at least a “10-second window” (or an aura) to sit down in a corner before my seizure hits and that I would be safe from hurting myself in any way. But as the seconds before my seizure was coming on, I prayed the “Our Father” until I couldn’t recall the words anymore and I was terrified! I recovered from my seizure crying because at the moment that I couldn’t pray anymore I had felt that I had lost my hold on God. More than the bump on my head (because I had been so fixed on praying that I had only been able to get down on my knees) the pain of losing my God was a terrible, terrible thought for me.

Even as I go through the difficulties of my life I know to hang on to God. He is my one true source of strength and it is only by His grace that I am able to serve Him in the many ways that He has called me to.


Guide Question: In what ways have you lost your hold on God?




Thought for the Day: God has a hold on your life allow Him to take charge of it.

No comments: