Saturday, May 9, 2009

So-called Miserable Lives (Matthew 28: 16-20)


“When they saw him, they worshiped him, even though some of them doubted.” - Matthew 28:17

As a volunteer for a youth development program of Gawad Kalinga, I have been blessed to witness the spiritual transition of so many of our underprivileged youth. At our initial profiling, I would hear stories of the difficulties that their families go through and I am not surprised when I hear that God is not a priority in their lives. How can God actually be part of their miserable lives?

Yet after just a few months of values formation sessions and talking about God and His ways, the Lord moves these youth. Even if their families have yet to be truly alleviated of their poverty, they come before God and worship Him with their all. Their empty stomachs, tattered clothes, and broken relationships are sources of doubt for them. But I have been humbled in so many ways as I would participate in worship with them. The words that they speak out to God are so full of love for Him and His people that I am always moved to tears.


God can actually be part of their so-called miserable lives.



Guide Question: Is God part of your day-to-day life?

Thought for the Day: Even when you doubt, God is there.

No comments: