Saturday, May 9, 2009

You Hypocrite! (Matthew 7: 1-5)


“You hypocrite! 
First take the log out of our own eye, and then you will be able to see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.”Matthew 7: 5


Years back, as a new member of CFC Singles for Christ, I had come to the realization that I was really full of myself. By God’s grace and the prompting of the Spirit, I began praying for humility. Well, when you pray for what God knows is best for you, He really lays it on you --- and hard!

I had volunteered to go on mission to give a retreat to our breathren in the north. We were traveling on my birthday and I had actually boasted of my sacrifice to God. But as God would have it, I wasn’t able to give my talk because He knew that I wasn’t ready for it. Hypocrite! I got sick the day of my talk and had to be hospitalized. That was the start of my journey of being diagnosed as an epileptic.

Now, I come before my God and His people, knowing that whatever I am able to do is only by His grace. I continue to be humbled by our God --- and a year after that episode of mine I was finally able to give “the talk” on a mission in the south, this time. The title of the talk? "True and False Humility".


Guide Question: Have you removed the log from your eye?



Thought for the Day: If you think you are humble, then you are not.

No comments: