Sunday, April 8, 2012

Old Notebooks

I found these on one of my shelves the other week...




Inside each notebook are hundreds of quotes (and a whole lot more) that I wrote down (copied) since my HS days.  I totally forgot I ever did this.  Amazing!




Here are some quotes/advice that are worth sharing:

  • Give compliments.  One of the easiest ways to feel good about ourselves is to recognize the beauty in others.
  • A good friend laughs at your worst jokes, puts up with your worst moods, goes along with your worst ideas...and always sees the best in you.
  • Do not free a camel of the burden of his hump, you may be freeing him from being a camel.
  • Could we see when and where we are to meet again, we would be more tender when we bid our friends good-bye.
  • What soap is for the body, tears are for the soul.
  • When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say I used everything you gave me.
  • When you reach the edge of a cliff, trust God enough to let go.  One of two things will happen: either He will catch you when you fall or He will teach you to fly.
  • The will of God will never lead you where the grace of God cannot keep you.
Found a very short poem (I have long ones, too):
  • I once had the blues, 'coz I had no shoes.  Until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet.
Pang-asar lang:
  • I may be fat, but you're ugly and I can diet.
Even some passages from "The Gospel According to Forrest Gump" (I think I got this from a book with this title):
  • Nobody ever got into trouble by keeping his mouth shut.
  • If you can' sing good, sing loud.
  • Whatever you do, try to have a reason for it.
  • Always be nice to your mama.
  • When you are feeling really down, read the Book of Job --- and see what he had to go through!
At may short story pa!
It was Worth it

     During the First World War a soldier in the trenches saw his friend out in No-Man's Land -- the ground between our trenches and those of the enemy -- stumble and fall in a hail of bullets.  

     He said to his officer, "May I go, sir, and bring him in?"  But the officer refused.  "No one can live out there, " he said.  "I would only lose you as well."  

     Disobeying the order, the man went to try and save his friend, for they had been like David and Jonathan throughout the whole war.

     Somehow he got his friend on his shoulder and staggered back to the trenches, but he himself lay mortally wounded and his friend was dead.

     The officer was angry.  "I told you not to go," he said.  "Now I have lost both of you.  It was not worth it!"  

     With his dying breath, the man said, "But it was worth it, sir."  

     "Worth it?!" said the officer.  "How could it be?  Your friend is dead and you are mortally wounded."  

     The boy shrank from the reproach, but looking up into his officer's face he said, "It was worth it, sir, because when I got to him he said, 'Jim, I knew you'd come.'" 


I even copied paragraphs from my favorite books!  LOL!  Baka ma copyright infringement (is that what you call it?) ako.

How about I even wrote down text messages...and who they came from:

  • It is wonderful to get answers to prayers but its even more wonderful to let God mold you and make you into an answer to someone's prayers. - Rye Benemerito
  • In life, God doesn't give you the people you want, instead He gives you people you need...to teach you, to hurt you, to love you and to make you exactly the way you should be. - Iya Pagui
  • What God is doing, you may not know now; but someday you'll understand why; questions that taunt you and trouble your mind, will one day have Heaven's reply.  Trust in God's ways! - Lannie Blas
  • Good teachers smile in trouble, gather strength from stress, and grow brave by reflection and prayers.  Send this to a worthy teacher...I just did. - Jennie Wi
  • I wish you woke up this morning realizing what a wonderful person you are and the world is blessed to have you as a part of it.  Claim and enjoy God's blessings! - mommy
  • In life, we can't change the direction of the wind.  However, we can adjust our sails and take advantage of the wind.  May God sail with you always. - ninang Hermie Hernandez
  • This coming Easter, let us, like birds, leave behind what we don't need to carry -- grudges, sadness, pain, tears and regrets -- fly light.  Life is beautiful. - Doods Lavapie

And this is where I end, a few minutes into Easter.  What a way to welcome the Resurrection of our Lord...to be reminded of where I came from and how it got me to where I am now...I am where I should be.  Thank you, Lord!

My Redeemer lives!!!

No comments: